We have a great opportunity for a skilled Regional Manager to join the leading manufacturer and distributor of parts to the motor vehicle repair industry. The company founded 40+ years ago has over 100 local market warehouse / sales offices across the United States. They have a successful and unique business model. This manufacturer does not sell through regular automotive distribution channels. Instead they go directly to independent and franchise repair shops, automotive general repair businesses, production rebuilders, and resellers. They have developed a very strong brand presence in the market place. The company continues to aggressively grow through acquisitions and recently added more manufacturing / distribution capability last year to serve the business. The Regional Manager will report to the Regional VP and will have substantial direct sales and P&L accountability for 6 to 10 branch locations. In addition to growing top revenue and profit, the Regional Manager is responsible for the implementation of business strategies to ensure that sales, profit, and operational plans are met. Looking for a strong leader that has a successful track record of growth in the commercial, fleet and independent repair center market segments.
This great leadership role comes with a great compensation program! It also offers a generous benefits program that includes medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), disability insurance, vacation and holiday time, and education reimbursement.
Forward resume to: email@example.com
- 5+ years of Automotive aftermarket experience required.
- Bachelors degree preferred but a strong track record and experience will be considered
- Must have a track record of growing B2B, Commercial Business. Retail business is not applicable.
- Prior sales management and operations experience related to automotive repair /aftermarket.
- Previous experience working with Industrial Distributors like Grainger, WESCO, HD Supply, Fastenal, Motion Industries or Automotive like NAPA, PepBoys, AutoZone, CARQUEST, Advance Auto Parts is a plus for this role
- Direct sales / service to jobbers, independent repair shops, industrial accounts, fleet shops, franchised repair operations.
- Multi-location management experience.
- Able to demonstrate operations, sales and cost improvements
- Track record of successful P&L performance
- Strategic thinking skills with strong business analytical skill sets.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Understands what drives financial and EBITDA results
- Demonstrated superlative leadership qualities with the ability to train and develop team members.
- Excellent communication and people management skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Setting priorities and managing a diversity of job responsibilities while working within deadlines.
- Keen understanding of what drives profitability
- Able to travel 40%
- Advanced degree is a plus.
- Professional sales training / certifications are a plus.
- Consulting with the RVP, establish specific sales, operating plans and strategic actions for each location as part of the annual strategic planning process.
- Provide leadership for Branch Managers and Sales Representatives to ensure location objectives are met and regional goals are achieved.
- Evaluate the performance of Branch Managers and Sales Representatives against plan and establish / implement improvement action plans.
- Identify training needs, initiate appropriate programs / development of staff, and recommend effective personnel actions.
- Establishment and execution of branch, region and corporate sales programs.
- Support and participate in national marketing / sales initiatives.
- Monitor sales, pricing, and profitability levels to ensure customer performance is optimized.
- Maintain relationships with key customers within the region.
- Create sales targets for key product lines and effective strategies to achieve plans.
- Work with customer channel directors to achieve targeted market share by customer segment.
- Monitor competitive trends and customer needs.
- Develop the appropriate strategy for potential changes in sales programs / customer approach.
- Set targets for new customers by location and lead the team to increase organic sales growth.
- Implements sales and operations best practices at assigned branches through training of Branch Managers and branch employees.
- Lead in-depth reviews of all branch P&L’s to ensure cost structure and profit optimization.
- Ensure each facility is optimized with respect to cost, size, location, and delivery reach