This is an exceptional opportunity for a Manager / Lake Mining Operations to join an Global Chemical Client that provides customers worldwide with high quality chemical products using Insitu mining techniques to extract mineral rich brines from a 900+ wellfield operation using proprietary technologies to supply multiple onsite manufacturing facilities. You are responsible for the brackish and potable water operations that supply the production facilities. You will lead the daily operation and maintenance activities that support the mining infrastructure. This key leadership role will ensure cost effective and timely execution of all Exploration, Development and Production (EDP) projects on the mining reserve known as the Lake. This enormous resource is mined to produce a broad portfolio of products including soda ash, sulfate of potash, boric acid and borates.
Yes, you could say that this opportunity has it all:
- Joining an International Leader / Provider of minerals and chemicals whose parent company has 14,000 employees worldwide
- Career growth in a extremely stable company environment
- Great affordability with lower than average housing cost and higher than average appreciation with a cost of living that is below US average!
- Work on your tan with 90% sunshine
- If you like being outdoors in this great weather, you have golf, mountains, desert, biking, hiking, snowboarding, hunting, fishing, skiing, boating, flying / gliding and desert motorsports!
- Competitive compensation and solid benefits program that include medical/ dental insurance, FSA account, 401k match, Life / ADD insurance, disability, paid vacation, disability, paid holidays and education reimbursement.
- An extensive corporate relocation program provided.
Forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure day-to-day operational excellence and deliver EDP project execution objectives.
- Proactively identify, troubleshoot and correct flow and grade delivery issues.
- Communicate with all the customers of Lake operations on a daily basis.
- Manage the resource production assets to ensure optimum availability of brine feedstock, brackish and potable water around-the-clock.
- Deliver resource (saline brine, brackish water and potable water) as budgeted for each production plant.
- Review daily reports to drive the O&M strategies to deliver flow and grade at optimal cost.
- Evaluate data to ensure development and operations projects will not adversely impact resource.
- Use structured programs to address risks associated with new projects and modifications to existing processes.
- Create EDP project plans on the Lake specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans
- Coordinate effective allocation of available internal and external resources.
- Create project proposals that include goals, time frame, budget limitations, procedures, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources.
- Ensure project plans are complete, accurate and effective
- Monitor project progress for on-time schedule and within budget.
- Develop asset utilization plans for personnel, machine and material, including heavy equipment fleet.
- Improve HSE performance and improve productivity.
- Troubleshoot operating issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 8+ years’ experience in Petrochemical, Chemical, Mining, or Heavy Industry;
- OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of leadership / production operations experience, including managing teams
- Must have a working experience in drilling and subsurface exploration, including well field development and production operations.
- Knowledgeable in hydrology, brine operations and/or reservoir geology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pumps and piping systems
- Ability to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others
- Willingness to “roll up sleeves” and work at all levels of organization as circumstances require.
- Demonstrated advance skills in project management
- Strong communication skills are required
- Computer literate with Microsoft software.
- Familiarity with CMMS and project management software is a plus Advanced education is a plus
- Professional certifications / relevant industry training is a plus
- Working experience with EPA and BLM regulations is a plus.