We have an exceptional opportunity for a Manufacturing / Machining Engineer to join a global Tier 1 manufacturer of automotive machined parts. You will provide engineering support and leadership for a high volume CNC machining / manufacturing operation. This key role will oversee the activities of all machining production and reports to Engineering Manager. Main objectives are to monitor safety, manning, scheduling, mentoring, corrective action and problem solving.
This is an exceptional position with a global Tier 1 automotive manufacturer and has a great strong compensation package. Company benefits include Medical with PPO / HSA Options, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short term / Long term Disability, and a 401k match. This is in a beautiful area with a cost of living 18% below the US average. Also, NO STATE INCOME TAX! Lots of area activities to choose from to occupy the busiest family
- Direct supervision of Manufacturing Engineers.
- Review engineering prints, select appropriate tooling,
- Create programs for CNC machine tools to achieve quality and cost targets
- Monitor daily and weekly schedules.
- Analyzes, documents and provides recommendations for individual part or process failures from a technical and operations standpoint.
- Maintain and update CNC programs, set up sheets and tool lists.
- Contribute to the product introduction process with respect to cost estimation, process investigation, schedule development and prototype manufacture.
- Monitor and implement continuous improvement.
- Perform any other duties upon request of the plant manager or production supervisor regarding machining issues.
- Complies with the following OSHA Safety Standards: Hazard Communication; Bloodborne Pathogens; Lockout; Permit Required Confined Space; Hot Work Permit; Powered Industrial Trucks; P.P.E. and Ergonomics.
- When necessary, participate in classes and training seminars to learn new technologies and techniques deemed helpful to performance on the job.
- New product launch.
- AS Degree / Machining Engineering preferred but will accept experience in similar role
Must have 5 – 6 years experience in a high volume production CNC machining operation
Lean Manufacturing experience
Fanuc or Siemens or G code programming knowledge
- Ability to coach and develop employees
- Knowledge of TS16949
- Ability to deal with multiple levels of people effectively, in group and individual settings
- Ability to effectively deal with vendors/suppliers/customers
- Demonstrated ability to develop project plans and manage projects to successful completion.
- Good oral/written communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to facilitate small group meetings
- Strong organizational, planning and documentation skills
- Advanced degrees are a plus.
Robotics experience is a plus
Professional certifications are a plus
Automotive Tier 1, 2 manufacturing experience is a plus.