We have an immediate opportunity for an HR Manager for a leading manufacturer of carbon products used in diverse industrial areas. They are focused on discovery, development, and implementation of new technologies. They are growing and looking to raise the bar and bring exceptional leadership experience to the team. This is a great chance to join a multinational industry leader who has been in business for over 120 years!
This great role has a strong compensation package and generous benefits are offered for this key role that include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, EAP, Educational Reimbursement, Employer Retirement Account, Travel Accident Insurance Prescription / Drug, 401K Match, Vacation, and a Flexible Spending Account.
Relocation is provided to a beautiful area that offers extremely affordable housing and a cost of living that is 21% below the US average. Schools have a very low student teacher ratio. You are close to great skiing, white water rafting and lots of outdoor activities. This is a beautiful area in a community that is rich with history and a great place to raise your family.
Forward resume to: email@example.com
- Provides oversight and direction in all Human Resource functions by directing and coordinating all HR generalist activities including talent management, compensation, compliance, benefits, training, and employee relations.
- Trains staff in effective practices and objectives that build and support a proactive high performing employee-oriented culture.
- Partners with GM to strategize and execute HR strategy across business unit.
- Implements strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, succession planning, employee relations and retention, compliance.
- Enables management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines;
- Communicates and enforces organization values.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Drives process improvement (Lean), including leading change initiatives, planning, and facilitation; staffing and pipeline development
- Partners with site level leaders across business unit in order to provide direction and counsel.
- Facilitates training (including orientation) to the workforce.
- Acts as positive driver for change management.
- Actively drives diversity initiatives which support corporate goals and objectives.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable discipline, such as business, human resources, psychology or communications, from a four-year college or university required.
- 8+ years HR experience
- 5+ years in a manufacturing environment
- Can articulate successful examples in leading change and putting HR Systems into place
- Possess experience with unions and collective bargaining
- Experience with Lean Initiatives and Tools
- Strong skills in leading teams in the analysis of complex business and systems problems, identifying improvement alternatives, and implementing solutions.
- Knowledge of employment laws and requirements is necessary.
- Proficiency in Word & Excel is required.
- This position requires strong organization and interpersonal communication skills.
- HRIS systems experience
- Proven training ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Have computer skills including the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point etc)
- Masters, MBA and/or PHR/SPHR designations are a plus
- Lean, Six Sigma certifications are a plus