Exceptional role for a Director of Purchasing to join a leading national manufacturer / distributor of automotive components for the aftermarket. The company continues to aggressively grow market share organically and through acquisition to provide competitive advantage. They have a very strong brand presence and reputation in the automotive aftermarket. You will lead a team in a fast-paced environment that supports manufacturing and distribution operations across the US and Canada. Asia sourcing experience along with a strong track record of accomplishment is highly valued for this role. The Director of Purchasing will report to the Vice President of Supply Chain and will provide leadership and oversight of the Driveline Distribution Purchasing Department.
This great role has a robust compensation package with a generous benefits program that includes medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), disability insurance, vacation and holiday time, and education reimbursement is included.
Forward resume to: email@example.com
- Develop purchasing strategies by product category in coordination with Sales, Operations, Marketing, and Executive Teams.
- Develop and implement purchasing systems and policies that minimize the total cost of acquisition of materials as well as achieving working capital goals consistent with company Annual Operating Plan.
- Support Corporate audit activities, develop and implement countermeasures to any gaps that are identified for the Sourcing process.
- Provide feedback on product strategies, supplier development, competitive threat analysis, and cost savings opportunities
- Lead sourcing trips focused on supplier relationships, evaluating manufacturing capabilities, supplier quality / cost and new product needs.
- Facilitate new item introduction, sourcing changes, inventory stocking strategies, and life cycle management of part offerings.
- Create annual budgets in support of the internal annual operating plan (IOP).
- Report performance updates to the senior leadership team
- Build effective teams that meet/exceed aggressive goals per the Annual Operating Plan.
- Create purchasing policies consistent with company quality certification requirements and industry best practices.
- Develop new supply sources consistent with company product category strategies.
- Utilize balance score cards across supply base to ensure compliance with standards and expectations.
- Establish robust purchasing contracts across all suppliers based on industry best practices.
- Four-year degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or related discipline required
- 10+ years purchasing experience;
- 5+ years experience of managing teams / leadership, preferably in automotive manufacturers
- Several years of automotive industry experience
- Demonstrated track record of success leading teams
- ERP Systems experience
- Organizational, coordination and planning skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with multiple deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Tier 1 experience is a plus.